Sejahtera Seeds and Bulbs
You will get 100mg seeds for planting of Vera Lavender for planting.
Vera Lavender is a stunning herb with a delightful scent and beautiful purple flowers. This fragrant, woody perennial is native to the Mediterranean region, and has been used for centuries in perfumes, medicines, and cooking. Vera Lavender is a hardy plant that can thrive in many climates if given the proper care.
• Plant Vera Lavender seeds outdoors in early spring, after the last frost.
• Sow seeds 1/8 inch deep in well-draining soil and keep moist until germination.
• Space plants 12-18 inches apart in full sun or partial shade.
• Latin name: Lavandula vera
• Water regularly during the first growing season to help establish a deep root system.
• Once established, Vera Lavender is drought tolerant and requires minimal watering.
• Prune back dead or wilted stems to encourage new growth.
• Fertilize with an all-purpose fertilizer once a year in spring.
• Mulch around the base of the plant to retain moisture and prevent weeds from growing.
• Harvest Vera Lavender flowers when they are fully open and fragrant.
• Cut stems just below the flower heads and hang upside down to dry in an airy spot away from direct sunlight.
• When fully dried, store dried flowers in an airtight container away from heat and light.
• Dried Vera Lavender flowers can be used for culinary purposes, medicinal remedies, potpourri, soaps, candles, and more!
Pests & Diseases:
• Vera Lavender is generally pest-free but can be susceptible to aphids, whiteflies, and spider mites if not properly cared for.
• To prevent pests from taking over your plants, regularly inspect them for signs of infestation and treat promptly with insecticidal soap or neem oil if necessary.
• Also watch out for powdery mildew which can cause the leaves to become discolored and distorted if not treated promptly with fungicides.
This beautiful herb is an excellent addition to any garden as it adds both beauty and fragrance! With its delicate purple blooms and aromatic scent, Vera Lavender is sure to bring joy to any outdoor space!