Sejahtera Seeds and Bulbs
You will get 1 gram seeds of Summer Savory for planting.
Summer Savory is a fragrant, herbaceous annual plant in the mint family. It has a strong, spicy flavor that is often used to season meats and vegetables. This hardy herb is easy to grow from seed and can be used fresh or dried in a variety of dishes.
Summer Savory (Satureja hortensis) is an attractive plant with small, dark green leaves and tiny white flowers that bloom in the summer. The foliage has a pleasant aroma and adds a subtle flavor to many dishes. This versatile herb pairs well with other herbs like oregano, thyme, and basil.
Growing Summer Savory from seed is easy and rewarding. Here are some tips for successful planting:
• Plant seeds 1/4 inch deep in well-drained soil in full sun or partial shade.
• Keep the soil evenly moist while the seedlings establish themselves.
• Thin the seedlings to 18 inches apart once they reach 6 inches tall.
• Harvest young leaves often to encourage bushier growth.
• Pinch off flower buds to keep the plant from going to seed prematurely.
• Harvest mature leaves before flowering for best flavor.
• Cut the entire plant back after flowering for a second harvest of tender stems and leaves.
Summer Savory is drought tolerant and can be grown in containers or raised beds, making it an ideal choice for urban gardeners with limited space. It's also an excellent companion plant, helping to repel pests like cabbage worms and aphids from nearby vegetables. With its attractive foliage and delightful aroma, Summer Savory adds interest to any garden!